Call today (330) 336-3330

Daniel Gigiano Blog

Proudly Serving Medina, Summit and Wayne Counties

Can A Parent With Sole Legal Custody Move Out Of State With The Child?

Can a parent with sole legal custody move out of state with the child? Often, a parent will be presented with an opportunity to move elsewhere. Common reasons include a better job opportunity for themselves or their spouse, or moving closer to family. Ohio Revised Code 3109.051(G) requires the residential parent to file a notice of intent to relocate with the court. The other parent must get a copy of the notice in order to give him or her a chance to be heard on whether the child should move out of state. The right to move the child out of state will depend on a number of factors, including: the child’s relationship with his or her parents and extended family; the child’s adjustment to home, school and community; the age of the child; and the child’s wishes. Courts will look at these factors in making their decision.

Reviews And Ratings Of Daniel Gigiano And His Work


Take a look at some of my articles, where I talk at length the issues that relate to divorce, dissolution, and child custody: grandparent’s rights in Ohio, what is the minimum child support in Ohio, fighting to get   custody of your child back in Ohio, what do Ohio courts consider in child custody cases, should I videotape my child’s wishes in Ohio, and numbers are not the only thing that changes Ohio child support. Attorney Gigiano’s hard work has resulted in highly successful results for many of his clients, as reflected in the following links to his reviews: Daniel Gigiano reviews; Daniel Gigiano ratings; and Daniel Gigiano work.



Working With Daniel Gigiano Means Working With Experience


Attorney Gigiano’s office is located in Wadsworth, Medina Ohio, Ohio. Attorney Gigiano regularly works in the domestic relations courts and juvenile courts in Wooster, Akron and Medina. If you have questions about a parent with sole legal custody move out of state or any other child custody issue, or if you are looking for a Medina child custody attorney in Wadsworth, please call Attorney Daniel F. Gigiano at 330-336-3330.